The TargetPalate is a customized mouthpiece designed to utilize a tactile-feedback (touch & feel) system to teach accurate tongue placement and develop correct speech sounds.
Upon ordering, have a local dentist or orthodontist create a “stone model” of your upper palate. You will receive a dental packet from CompleteSpeech with instructions for your dental provider as well as a pre-stamped box & shipping materials to submit the model. Your custom TargetPalate will be completed within 5 business days from the date the stone model was received.
• Resting tongue position – tongue thrust therapy
• Stabilizing tongue position – anchoring
• Teaching tongue placement for specific phonemes
– R, L, S, Z, TH, T, D, N, K, G (Direct tactile feedback)
– SH, CH, J, TH, NG (Indirect tactile feedback)
• Carry over from therapy to home with or without SmartPalate
• More accurate home practice for non SmartPalate users
• “Away from home” and “away from computer” practice
– Idea that you can have feedback that travels with you
• Reference guide during therapy sessions to maintain accuracy
• Engagement activities for articulation drilling – games
• Oral coordination – touching points, building tongue strength
• English palate – What does it feel like to speak English like an American? (Spanish, Japanese, Russian, etc)
• Learning English sounds/pronunciation with palate
• Palate contours to palate for natural articulation
• Roofless palate for real palate contact
• Small tactile targets for fine tuning placement
• Large tactile targets for anchoring to molars
• Mobile, hands-free articulation feedback
• Facilitates isolated practice through carry over
• Durable carrying case included
• Orientation and Target Reference Guide included
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.